Siemens UV SystemsBarrier M® UV Systems provide a cost-effective, reliable, operator-friendly chloramines reduction solution for pool water treatment installations.
The Barrier® M Systems are equipped with medium pressure UV lamps as standard which have a wide energy spectrum range - providing the perfect solution to break down combined chlorine effectively and economically. In addition to being used for chlormaine rduction, Barrier® M systems will also improve the microbiological water quality because UV is also a very effective technology for the inactivation of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa such as Crytosporidium and Giardia.Features and Benefits
- Proven chloramine reduction effectiveness
- Improves natatorium air quality
- Intergratable with the Strantrol Impact® Chemical Controller
- Helps in the reduction of "red eye" for swimmers
- Reduces the need for super chlorination
- Eliminates the "chlorine smell"
- Reduces corrosion in facility
A typical problem for indoor pools is the so-called "pool smell" which is a synonym for a poorly performing water treatment system. Chloramines (or combined chlorine) result from the reaction between free chlorine and ammonia. Ammonium is introduced to the water predominantly by swimmers. For the breakdown of chloramine, the spectrum of the UV lamp used is very important. Depending on the type of chloramine, different wavelengths are required for the photolysis process such as:
- Monochloramine - 245 nm
- Dichloramine - 297 nm
- Trichloramine (nitrogen trichloride) - 260 & 340 nm